To inspire, guide and support young people in their self development and recognise their achievements.
Key contact: Miss Sue Crowshaw
Young people doing their DofE programme complete four different types of activity at Bronze and Silver level and five at Gold level to achieve an Award:
- Volunteering: undertake service to individuals or the community. This develops compassion, commitment and the confidence to make a difference.
- Physical: improve in an area of sport, dance or fitness activities. This develops fitness, enjoyment and, depending on the activity, teamwork.
- Skills: develop practical and social skills and personal interests. This helps young people to realise their unique potential and gain greater self-esteem.
- Expedition: plan, train for, and complete an adventurous journey in the UK or abroad. This develops teamwork and leadership, and challenges young people to push themselves beyond their expectations.
- Residential (Gold level only): stay and work away from home doing a shared activity. Again this challenges young people, who must work with strangers to achieve a positive goal.