PE & SPORT FUNDING 2017 - 2018
PE and sport play a very important part in the life of Avonwood Primary School. We believe that PE and Sport contribute to the holistic development of our children and that through participation, they build and learn more about key values such as respect, teamwork and kindness for themselves and others.
We are therefore delighted to be able to support the development of PE and Sport in the following ways:
- Purchasing schemes of work to support both the 2014 National PE Curriculum and non-specialist teachers to ensure a minimum of 2 hours PE per week.
- Resourcing all areas of our PE curriculum.
- Utilising specialist Dance and PE teachers from within our Multi-Academy Trust to deliver weekly sessions of Dance and PE to all children. These sessions act as part of our PPA cover.
- Running intervention groups for both gross and fine motor skills.
- Purchasing sport equipment to use on the playground at lunchtimes.
Our overall aim is to raise standards in PE and Sport and increase the opportunities offered to our children. We aim to provide high quality lessons and improved learning for all.