At Avonwood Primary School, we are committed to ongoing and sustained improvement in school PE and sport. As a very new school we only have up to Year 4 on site, but within the next two years we will have children from EYFS through to Year 6. With this in mind PE at Avonwood continues to evolve year on year. Our intention is to utilise the Sports Premium funding to ensure every child knows how to enjoy and lead an active and healthy lifestyle.
The Department for Education objectives for the funding are:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvements
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
For information on our use of the Sport Premium funding over the 2019-20 academic year please click on the report below.
Avonwood Primary School Sport Premium Report - July 2019.pdf