Partnership between parents and the school is essential for children to make good progress. Avonwood Primary School operates an open door policy and encourages parents and carers to come into school.
At Avonwood Primary School we share information about our learning with parents and carers in a variety of ways:
- ‘Meet the Teacher’ session at the start of the year
- Home Learning Overviews
- Termly Curriculum leaflets
- Reading Journal / Home School Link Book
- Termly Parent Consultations
- ‘Sparkly Starters’ – Starting a new topic
- ‘Fab Finish’ - Celebration event, where children share their learning with their friends and family.
- Termly written reports
We also organise a range of activities which involve parents and carers in the life of the school and their child’s education, for example, Harvest singing, Christmas Fayre, Summer Fayre, and Books at Breakfast / Bedtime etc.
We are grateful for the support of volunteers who help us at Avonwood Primary School. You can help in so many different activities:
- Helping in the classrooms with displays and preparing resources
- Helping on trips and at special event days
- Playing games
The list goes on and on!
If you would like to help in school, please contact Mrs Bennet in the school office.