Did you know?... just registering your child for Free School Meals means the college receives extra money?
The Government is giving money to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best. This funding is called a “Pupil Premium”. For every child registered, Harewood College receives £935 this year. With the help of this extra money we can continue to provide the very best educational opportunities for your son.
Register now to make sure we all don’t miss out.
How does it work?
1. First, check if you qualify - it is not just if you are unemployed, so please look at the list below.
2. Registering is really quick and easy if you think you qualify, please contact the Children’s Information Service at your Local Authority. For Bournemouth Local Authority this is Rebecca Collins, Customer Services Officer on 01202 456223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
3. If you want your child to have a free, healthy meal at lunchtime, they will get the free meal (saving you more than £350 a year), extra benefits and the college gets £935 extra.
4. If you do not want your child to have the school meals they can continue as normal as long as you qualify and are registered, the school still receives £935 extra.
No-one will know you have registered and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
Please do talk to us if you have any further queries.
Do you qualify?
You can register your child for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
• The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit.
• Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190.
• Working Tax Credit “run-on” the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
Pupils can also register for Free School Meals if they get any of these benefits themselves. Please do talk to us if you have any further queries.
Find out about our cashless catering system.