To reward students at Harewood College, staff give out Achievement Points.
The aim of the rewards system is:
- To encourage high expectations
- To encourage teamwork and a competitive element
- To motivate/raise self-esteem
- To reward good progress
- To reward excellent/good work
- To reward positive behaviour
- To reward effort above and beyond normal capabilities
- To reward good attendance and punctuality
- To reward contribution to the Earth Charter, the College and the community.
Students can achieve one of three awards, depending on the number of Achievement Points that they receive. The three different awards they can receive are as follows:
- Bronze Award - 100 Points
- Silver Award - 150 Points
- Gold Award - 200 Points
Students are also able to work for 4 'Attitudes of Excellence' awards. These are:
Student demonstrates the Olympics Values of Respect and Excellence by consistently wearing full uniform, always having complete equipment and PE kit.
Student demonstrates the Olympic Values of Determination and Excellence by consistently handing in high quality and well presented homework on time.
Student demonstrates the Olympics Values of Equality and Excellence by consistently displaying outstanding conduct in all circumstances.
Student demonstrates the Olympic Values of Determination and Excellence by consistently producing work of high quality, that takes into account feedback, with outstanding presentation.
Teachers will nominate students for these awards, and badges and certificates will be presented to the student. They will be able to proudly wear their badges on the left lapel and if a student receives all of the badges, they will be entitled to wear an 'Attitudes of Excellence' badge.
These are a celebration of students that are demonstrating the Olympic Values through their excellence!