Our uniform supplier is Stevenson's based in Southbourne, (click here for their website) who offer a range of services including online shopping and personal appointments.
The school uniform is to be worn by all pupils from Year 7 to Year 10.
The uniform consists of:
A Harewood College blazer, (students may purchase an optional navy blue V-neck jumper with college badge for extra warmth).
N.B Students in Year 9 only are not required to wear the College blazer as part of the phased introduction of the uniform announced in April 2016.
Plain White shirt
N.B. Ties and blazers must be worn at all times
Black trousers(no tracksuit bottoms)
Black footwear - smart and plain. We recommend shoes of sturdy construction
N.B. A note is required from a Doctor, a Physiotherapist or any other medical professional to state the student cannot wear sensible college shoes. Black training shoes are unacceptable.
Year 10 and year 11 students are required to wear a plain, black business suit. The full uniform in year 10 and 11 is as follows:
Plain black suit
Please note: it is perfectly acceptable to obtain a black jacket to go with existing trousers. The jacket can be purchased at a reasonable cost through Tesco’s or Asda.
Provocative styles, inappropriate slogans or images should be avoided.
Hoodies, sweatshirts, casual style jackets are not acceptable and are not to be worn in college at anytime
P.E. Kit: Navy Blue Shorts with college badge*
White polo shirt.
Games Kit: Football/Rugby top – navy blue, reversible - white hoop & shoulders*
Football/Rugby Socks – blue & white.
Track suit bottoms – navy blue
* These Items can be purchased from our uniform suppliers, college ties can be purchased from the college office.
Money and watches are to be handed to the P.E. teacher before students change for P.E. There is a valuables tray for these items which is locked away each lesson.
An apron will protect clothing in workshops.
Do not wear or bring to college:
- Jewellery including rings, earrings, studs, neckchains and bracelets.
- Trainers (except in P.E. lessons).
- Hats and baseball caps.
- Hoodies and sweatshirts.
- Denim, lumberjack or leather jackets, padded shirts or jackets decorated with badges.
- Scooters and skateboards.
- Extreme hair styles in length and/or colour.
- Any valuable items: (For reasons of personal safety mobile phones are allowed in college, but must be switched off during lesson times and kept in student’s bag).
- Personal stereos and i-pods are not permitted in college.
All the above items are not permitted in examinations.
N.B. The college reserves the right to confiscate any banned items brought into college.
Harewood College does not recommend students use mobile phones or any personal electronic equipment. Use is therefore at the discretion of the person with parental responsibility.
Harewood College does not accept responsibility for the loss or damage to any items of value.
You can purchase the school uniform from:
148-150 Seabourne Road,